Monday, February 18, 2008

Welcome to the pre-party


Welcome guests to this year's party. We're doing things a bit differently this year, by necessity. While I would love to have you in my new apartment, you'll be more comfortable sitting in the warmth of your mid-Atlantic homes and not braving the arctic temps of Minnesota. Still..

I miss you all and am especially sorry that we aren't together. Remember two years ago? That was the last time well almost all of us were together (Patsy HAD to be in France!). Last year weather, work and other demands kept the party small. Patsy WAS there! And so was the Queen. So this year, though I am gone from the DC area we, like the Oscars themselves, will prevail.




Here's the lowdown:

Films have been chosen:
No Country for Old Men-Susan
Juno
- Patsy
Michael Clayton - Tricia
There will be blood - Kendra
Atonement - Alice/Geneva (TBD)

I'll post a section for your virtual food (pix are nice additions) and virtual costumes (ditto on the pix).

A copy of the ballot has been sent via gmail. I'll post another one on the blog. Fill it out ahead of time and have it ready during the main event. We'll tally up the winner (who will win a virtual prize) afterward.

During the show we'll share our hopes, reactions and other responses via this blog.

In another post I'll share websites, videos and other treats to get your Oscar game on!

3 comments:

Kendra said...

I'm getting ready! Have to see if I can get a picture posted!!

Kendra

HaroldsMaude said...

Great! I hope that everyone will be able to post pictures.

Have to leave now for my fitting...

Tricia said...

Not sure I'll get a pic posted, and you can all imagine me in a suit with lots of lower eye liner. Honestly, I think that George's eye liner should have gotten its own nomination for supporting actor.