Thursday, February 21, 2008

Virtual Party Food

Here's Geneva's food for Atonement (from her email):

I will be working during Oscar night, so don't expect any live
blogposts from me, but I'll catch up the next day.
My virtual dish for Atonement: You're probably thinking I'd choose
scones and crumpets or something. WRONG.

Instead, I'm bringing virtual bagels, lox, cream cheese, smoked sable,
Israeli tomato-cucumber salad, a fruit platter, and, to wrap things
up, rugelach. Why? Because this is what Jews eat to break the fast
after Yom Kippur, the Day of ATONEMENT.

6 comments:

Tricia said...

Michael Clayton:

My virtual food is a baguette, Dom Perignon with a lithium chaser - oh, and some orange jello

MICHAEL: Making a delivery?
ARTHUR: No... (smiling) Very funny. Nothing like that... (as if it were all completely natural and needed no further explanation--) Have one...go on...really... (offering)
It’s still warm. Best bread I've ever had in my life.

HaroldsMaude said...

And here's my food for No Country for Old Men:

"Chigurh" pecan=crusted brie
"Chigurh"-glazed ham
"Chigurh" beets
"Chigurh" snap peas

and for dessert, of course,
"Chigurh" cookies

HaroldsMaude said...

Patsy is making Baked Alaska for Juno.

Patsy said...

Here's my contribution to our virtual party feast: baked Alaska (for "Juno", you know) ;)

Enjoy.

Kendra said...

I tried to put this on the google group and the blog!

small loaves of Boston brown bread
yukon gold potatoes
roasted beet and blood orange salad

Why??

HaroldsMaude said...

the beans are because Daniel Plainview and his son come from Boston; the blood orange salad - is from the title. Yukon gold - refers to Oil?